Works Update on Kerry Central Regional Water Supply Scheme
Added March 15, 2018
The Kerry Central RWSS Project delivery is moving expeditiously in line with programme and is fast approaching the stages of Automation and testing over the coming weeks thanks to the dedicated site based engineering & Commissioning teams.
Civil elements of the project are now at an advanced stage and all RC works have been completed resulting in successful delivery of the following elements:
• 5,400m3 Capacity Raw Water Tank
• 10,800M3 Clear Water Tank
• DAF, Floc & Filter Train Consisting fo:
o 6 x Inlet Floc & DAF units Capable of Hydraulic of 2,700m3/hr
o 8 x Gravity Sand Filters
• Rinse & Backwash Tanks have now been completed and Mechanical & Electrical Element are well advanced in preparation for Automation & Testing
Mechanical & Electrical
• All required MCC Panels have been delivered and installed to date with terminations completed and dry/wet testing ongoing to all areas of the works
• Successful wet trails of the Floc, DAF and Filters have been completed including PH testing and Flocculation trials to reduce turbidity to required levels
• Main Treatment Building, High Lift Pump Station, Clear Water Tank, Raw Water Tank together with Rinse & Backwash Tanks have undergone substantial Mechanical & electrical installations and the only outstanding elements are on the rinse & Backwash tanks which should be completed over the coming days
• Following the completion of distribution electrical mains and the fibre network the treatment plant has now been energised and are now advancing SCADA and PLC requirements for the project
With the imminent onset of Automation and Testing Glan Agua and MEIC are well advanced in terms of pre-recommissioning and the dedicated site commissioning team are finalising any remaining elements required to move to the next great milestone of the project.