Glan Agua Install Solar Photovoltaic System
Added January 25, 2021
Glan Agua have recently designed, installed and commissioned 100kWp PV Solar System on the newly constructed and commissioned Thurles RWSS Water Treatment Plant on behalf of Irish Water.
The Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System was installed with the aims of reducing running costs, guarding against energy price increases, reducing carbon footprint and generating free electricity only used on site.
This 100Kwp PV Solar System comprises of the following elements.
• Installation of 230 400w highly durable JA solar panels with a 25-year linear power output warranty, they are certified to withstand high wind loads and heavy snow loads.
• Installation of 1 no. 80 kW Goodwe inverter within the new WTP Building.
• Online monitoring tool to allow for system and performance monitoring.
Annual Energy Yield
• The predicted annual energy yield from the system is 83,264 kWh per year of renewable energy.
• Half of this power usage is during night time hours when the PV system cannot produce electricity. Therefore, our projected annual production of 83,264 kWh is approximately 21.7% of the daytime usage during daylight hours throughout the year.
• The installation of this PV Solar System Solution at the Thurles RWSS will help to reach the goal for Irish Water to be 33% more energy efficient by 2021.
• This production of renewable energy gives a CO2 Offset per annum of 40 tonnes. This is a considerable amount of CO2 and will greatly impact the plants carbon footprint.
• For demonstration purposes, below is a list of items that a carbon offset per annum of 40 tonnes is equivalent to:
- 8.4 Passenger vehicles driven for 1 year.
- 6.6 homes' electricity use for 1 year.
- 90.3 barrels of oil consumed.
- 3,831 gallons of diesel consumed.
- 645 tree seedling grown for 10 years.
- 4,973,757 number of smartphones charged.